Okay. I got tagged by Kansas yesterday. I have 6 insignificant things about me. I tried to think of ones that not a lot of people know about me. There is one answer that I probably shouldn't share, but what the heck, why not? Just don't judge me to harshly:)
1. I cannot dance AT ALL! But when I get in the car with my kids, I turn up the music and we all dance. I love that I can do it front of them. They are so cute to watch too. They are the 2 people on the planet that think I have good moves!
2. Every week Ryan plays cards with the boys. So that is my night I put the kids to bed early and catch up on the shows/movies that I would be too embarrassed to watch in front of him. That way I don't get made fun of!
3. Everyone knows I enjoy cooking. But when it comes to cutting up veggies I am totally OCD
about cutting them all the same size. This makes prep time quite a bit longer. It drives Ryan nuts and he always tries to take over!
4. Anytime I am indoors without my shoes on, I have to wear socks. I hate not having them on my feet. I am fine with going sockless if I have shoes on, but I hate being barefoot. If I take a pair off, then I have to put a clean pair on the next time (like if I put a clean pair on in the morning then get in the shower, I have to put a clean pair on again). It's kind of weird, I know.
5. My ideal date with my hubby would be if we went somewhere outdoors (like golfing or fishing) then out to dinner. I love pasta and mexican food. Those would be my top choices, although Ryan's would be Chinese food. But we would compromise. These dates never really happen since we have 3 kids now and it would be hard to find a babysitter all day, but that is why it would be my ideal date.
6. Okay... here goes. My little secret. To bad I didn't know then what I know now! ( I probably did know but didn't care much at the time.)
I have a constant reminder of my little wild streak I went through when I was a teenager. It is on my back. Luckily, I don't have to see it all the time. Only when I get out of the shower.
Cassie, Ashley, Bonnie, Lyndsey, Keri, Christy & Carlie, I'm hoping you'll all do this tag.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
A while back, my friend had this post on her blog. I thought it was cute so I decided to ask Haley the same questions. Cassie, Lyndsey (if Lucy can do it) & Keri: I am tagging you!
I would love to hear what your kids have to say.
1. What is something mom always says to you? Clean up.
2. What makes mom happy? When I obey.
3. What makes mom sad? When I don't do anything she says.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Making funny faces.
5. What was your mom like as a child? A baby.
6. How old is your mom? I don't know....16
7. How tall is your mom? Big!
8.What is her favorite thing to do? Cook.
9.What does your mom do when you're not around? Cook dinner for me.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? What is famous?
11.What is your mom really good at? Cooking.
12.What is your mom not very good at? But she is good....at making pancakes.
13.What does your mom do for her job? Feeding the puppies.
14.What is your mom's favorite food? Toast and yogurt.
15.What makes you proud of your mom? Hugging me.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Annie from little Einsteins cause their voices sound kind of the same.
17. What do you and your mom do together? Wrap presents for someone's birthday.
18. How are you and your mom the same? Our voices sound the same when we sing together.
19. How are you and your mom different? Our hair; hers is black and mine is brown.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because she gives me lots of hugs!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Every month for someone's birthday my friends from my ward and I go out and do something fun. We usually go out to eat. This month it was my birthday, so we went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. I am so fortunate to live in such a great place
where I have met so many friends.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Ryan and I went on a date Saturday night. Ashley & Tyson babysat for us. When we got back, Ashley was drawing pictures for Haley to color. The next morning, Haley was drawing the same picture. I thought she did a good job duplicating it. She loves coloring, drawing, cutting things out and making things. She's always drawing me pretty pictures.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Today was Haley's first day of preschool. This is her second year and she loves it so much. She is excited to go three days this year instead of two. I don't know how I am going to handle kindergarten next year. I am dreading it. I know it will be okay and she is going to love it, but I am scared to let her go and to trust everyone else to take care of her. She is growing up way too fast!