Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Eye openers

Haley and Gracie went over to my neighbor's house (Cherie's) yesterday to play. When I went over to get them Cherie told me how Haley and Andre (he is 6) locked themselves in the bedroom for a minute until she realized that they were in there and made them come out. When we got home I asked Haley what had happened. Our conversation went like this:

"Haley, when you and Andre were in the bedroom what did you do?"
"We just got married."
"What did you do when you got married?"
"We danced and had a feast."
"Did anything else happen at your wedding?"
"I don't want to tell you."
"Did you kiss?"
"Andre told me not to tell"
"Where did he kiss you?"
"On the mouth, but he told me not to tell his mom."

We had to have a little discusion after that about why it's not okay to ever shut the door when playing with other kids and why it's definetly not okay to kiss them. I don't even want to think about the days ahead of us in the future. Look out Gavin, Andre's trying to steal your girlfriend!

13 comments:

Cansas said...

Oh no! That's a funny story. The other day Jason and Gavin were watching Star Wars on tv and Gavin asked Jason "why is princess leah always naked when she's with Jabba the Hut!" Uhhh...how do you answer that?? Jason said, "well she has some clothes on!" He didn't question any more so we left it at that. I think the open door rule is way important too! Gavin knows when he plays in his room with friends the door stays open.

Keri said...

Oh my! Guess we'll have to start watching more closely...they grow up so fast!

tyson and ashley said...

Oh boy! Silly kids! I can't believe how big all the kids are getting! They are growing up so fast!

Carlie said...

oh my goodness. thats funny, but its not at the same time. yes, definately make sure the door is always open.

Cassie said...

Oh boy... I'm glad I have boys, not girls, to much to worry about with your little girls, it's easier to kick boys butts when they get out of hand. haha lol maybe not though, boys are usually the instigators!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarous! But like you say you have to have those rules!

me and him said...

sounds like just a quick game of 'seven minutes in heaven' to me!haha! and i can laugh until my kids do it too, right??

Shady Brady said...

Alisha, the funny thing is I had a similar situation with Marlene, but we were naked. ha ha did I ever tell you that story? It's a funny one. You know they say your kids will pay you back for the "good old days" so good luck. Oh man I don't even want to know what my kids are going to do. But I don't blame that boy, you guys have some cute kids.

Trissy said...

That is so funny, now I know what to look forward to with Christina!

Fierce & Free said...

oh my goodness.. funny story.. but scary too, I don't even want to think about my kids having boyfriends.. (& i don't even have them yet)

But remember you when you were young... I just hope god doesn't punish me with the same kids as me... ha ha
Look how we turned out now.. we are doing alright!!!!

The Jensen Family said...

Oh man I am not looking forward to the day when Jerzee is kissing boys. Just wait until you have the 'birds and the bees' talk with them!!! lol (since yours is older you can give me some tips on how to handle things like 'kissing and getting married)'

Bonnie said...

That's funny! I sure enjoy the pictures of your kids--could they BE any CUTER??? As cute as those girls are--you better watch ALL the boys around them!

Davis Family said...

AHHH! I hate that they grow up so fast! They are not suppose to kiss anyone or be behind locked doors until they are at least 30! I agree, open doors are a must. I loved reading your blog. It's great to hear how your family is doing. I agree. We need to get our kids together soon! I will give you a call soon.