Saturday, October 18, 2008

Grandma Grace Sept. 21, 1922-Oct. 16, 2008







My grandma Grace wasn't doing well for the past four or five years. She had alzheimers and battled pnemonia quite a few times. We recieved many phone calls from doctors and nurses saying she probably wasn't going to make it, but she always pulled through.

My sisters and I were enjoying a girls night out on Thurs. when we recieved a call from my mom saying we should stop by the rest-home to see my grandma because she really wasn't doing well this time. We stopped by to see her around 8 p.m. and about 8:15 she passed away right before us. Although it is sad to see her go, we were so happy for her. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I've ever witnessed or felt in my entire life. She will be greatly missed and always treasured. She was the most loving, strong woman I've ever met. I have so many memories to remember her by.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. She was beautiful and seemed to be a wonderful women.

tyson and ashley said...

Oh I love those pictures you found of her! She was such a beautiful women inside and out! I'm glad we have so many fun memories with her! She will be greatly missed!

Jeanette said...

I love all your blogs about grandma (mom). I was so happy and ever greatful to have you daughters with me when she passed. It was a moment I will never forget and always be blessed with that special spiritual experiance that we shared. Wow what an incredible feeling we all felt and shared. Thank you mom (grandma) for allowing me to be with the most special people in my life. My wonderful sisters and beautiful daughters as you went home.
Thank you for little Gracie, she is (Grace) and will forever carry her legacy of such an incredible woman. I love you. MOM

Cansas said...

qI'm sorry! I've never been in the room when someone passed away, but I have been when someone was close to dying, and you're right, the spirit is so incredibly strong. It's like heaven is surrounding them. What a great, sad, but great experience to be there with her when she left.

Cherie Nelson said...

Oh Alish -

I'm crying for you... tears of sorrow and happiness... I know it's been a long time and your grandma is in a much better place. I am SO happy that you, Cassie, Ashley & your mom were there. I've heard that it is such a spiritual experience when people pass on to the other side.

I love you and will be thinking of you all this week!

Carlie said...

wow. she was a beautiful woman. Im so sorry to hear bout your loss.

lyndsey said...

Lish...I had no idea!!! Didn't I talk to you Yesterday? I wish I would have known when I talked to you. I am so sorry to hear that but I am sure in some ways in was a good thing. I just think of my Grams and know she would love to go. I am sorry though. That is so hard. I love you!

jturpin said...

I love the old pictures from the 40's. Grandma was as Beautiful as she was happy.